This Flint Hills water tower was built in 1885 in Beaumont, Kansas.
It provided water for the steam locomotives that came up the Frisco
Line to haul cattle that were pastured in the lush spring grasses
of the Flint Hills. It is thought to be the last tower of its
kind in the United States. Unfortunately, the tank no longer has
a use and does not contain water. Our work consisted of refurbishing
the tank and restoring the frame that supports it.