BLOCKHOUSE AT FORT HAYS

This building was built in the 1860’s by the federal government to protect the builders of the railroad from possible Indian attacks. Its colorful history includes names like Custer, Wild Bill Hickok, and Buffalo Bill. Today the Fort is open year round to visitors for tours of the historic site. It was constructed of limestone that was quarried from a site nearby. We went back to the original site to quarry replacement material. We quarried over 700 cubic feet of stone, dressed it and replaced damaged ones on the building with the new material.

Additional Images of this Project
ROCKHILL and ASSOCIATES, 1546 E350 RD, LECOMPTON. KS 66050, phone:785-393-0747, ROCKHILL@SUNFLOWER.COM