FARM HOUSE RESTORATION

The original two-story house was a Sears catalog selection built in 1916.The addition was built on the back of the house in 1981 after demolishing the original termite eaten homestead cabin and salvaging what we could to use elsewhere. This was the beginning of a long-time development that eventually included the restoration of the barn and surrounding buildings as well as the addition of a workshop and pool. The house addition’s interior is constructed almost entirely of re-purposed materials; marble used on the floors and walls is from the old library at K-State, the bathroom lavatory, corrugated glass, factory sash, light fixtures and stainless medical cabinets also had former uses. We made all the cabinets and entry doors of Honduras Mahogany.

HOUSES

WORKS

Additional Images of this Project
ROCKHILL and ASSOCIATES, 1546 E350 RD, LECOMPTON. KS 66050, phone:785-393-0747, DAN@ROCKHILLANDASSOCIATES.COM