church was originally built in 1890 as part of a failed English
settlement in Kansas called Runnymede. Shortly there after, the
church was relocated to Harper, Kansas and the entire original
English interior was kept intact. When it was moved in 1893 a
large time capsule was concealed in its foundation and forgotten.
Several years ago we discovered it as we lifted the building up
and slid it to the side in the course of putting a new foundation
under the building. It consisted of two heavy lead boxes that
kept the artifacts (in perfect condition); papers, stamps, charters,
names, etc. It was an exciting discovery that brought community
wide interest to the project.